Sunday, October 7, 2012

Hungry Hungry Dancer

Well here I am!

My name is Synthia, and I am constantly hungry. I mean hey, what girl isn't? For as long as I can remember, my dreams were filled with visions of chocolate chip cookies, gooey fudgy ice cream and melty cheese pizza.  As a young, physically active girl, I even indulged in these worldly foods! Then...DUN DUN DUN....puberty hit. What do you mean that french fries will make my thighs big?! Who decided that pumpkin pie would make my arms giggle and that Doritos could make my jeans not fit. It just wasn't fair! To top it all off, I was a dancer. I prided myself on my ability to move with grace, and twirl with ease. I needed to be fit, fierce, and fabulous!  It was time to take drastic action.

It took a number of years, tons of diets, and lots of tears (common, we've all done it), but I think I've finally started to get a handle on things. At 26 years old, I am starting to discover how my body works, and what foods are the most effictive (and tasty) to enhance my active lifestyle.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I'm Allergic to EVERYTHING! Ok, that's an overstatement, but I am seriously allergic to legumes (that includes PEANUTS, nuts, soy, peas, chic peas etc.) I'm also super sensitive to gluten, so I am 97% gluten free. To make things harder for myself, I also am a vegeterian (on occasion I eat fish.)

So what does a super hungry, super health conscious, and super allergic girl eat you ask? Well, just about anything I want!  Luckily, my food cravings are not what they used to be (I gave up dreams of being a junk food junkie long ago), yet I still want to live a little!

I have discovered awesome ways of making "bad foods" healthy with substitution. I am also really interested in making healthy food taste great!

This blog will be dedicated to the person in search of ice cream that wont make their chins double. Pizza that is not only piled high with toppings, but is also piled high with nutrients. Cookies that will leave your taste buds fooled, and Pastas that will change your life.

Stay tuned :)

-HHD

No comments:

Post a Comment